Monday, February 21, 2011

Night and Light

"Finger Painting"
Olympus SP 500 UZ 2/20/2011 Rexburg Id Apt. 9:17pm 10 sec f/5
Light Painting:
I had a little book light. I opened the shutter and shone it on my hand in the pointing position for just a second or two then blocked the light and put my hand down. Then I dragged the booklight from where my fingertip was around in a fast swirl to make it look like my finger painted the light. 

"Black Magic Steel"
 Olympus SP 500 UZ 2/20/2011 Rexburg Id Apt. 10:43pm 10 sec f/6.3
My Capture Light Photo.
Jake held a flashlight with his hand over top of it for few seconds. Then he put the flashlight down and put his hands up in a cradling position.  I shone another light on his body for a second or two to illuminate his shirt and face. 
"Love and Kisses"
 Olympus SP 500 UZ 2/18/2011 Rexburg Id Apt. 9:44 pm 16 sec f/3.5
For this one I took the heart painting from the image below in Photoshop and dragged it onto this image. I chose "overlay" in the layers palette dropdown menu and it created a cute little picture. 
"LOVE"
 Olympus SP 500 UZ 2/20/2011 10:32pm  Rexburg Id Apt. 10 sec. f/6.3
For this one I took selected the letters with the quick select tool and saved that selection so I could eventually make it do a clipping mask effect to get the pink into the letters. I drug a pink part from the picture above this one in Photoshop and placed it over the letters. Then chose overlay in the layers palette drop down menu. Then I merged the text layer and the pink image layer. Then I loaded the selection I created earlier. Then I inversed the selection and hit option+delete. This deleted everything but the letters with the pink background.
"Apple Dreams"
Olympus SP 500 UZ 2/20/2011 Rexburg Id Apt. 12:49 am 10 sec f/4.0
This is my camera motion photo. I put the shutter on 10 seconds and held the camera in front of the apple image on the back of my laptop for probably three seconds. Then I turned my laptop so the screen light would shine on my pillow case and I just held the camera to look at the pillowcase for the rest of the time.  

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to comment on your Love photo! That is good stuff. For some reason I just love every minute of it. I think it should be used on a wedding invite. I love the contrast, the simplicity and the type. good job! Black Magic Steel is not a bad looking kid! haha

    ReplyDelete