Monday, February 14, 2011

Scanography

One Scan:

For these scans, I made paper sculptures and placed them on the scanner. This is so fun because you can create what looks like people flying through the air or whatever you like, and it's perfectly sharp and clear. 









Collage:

I took a scan of lip gloss and then made a cut out of that image and made a new photoshop document filled with a black rectangle with a transparent background and erased the shape of lips. Then I dragged the lipgloss image into it, and copied that layer several times until it filled up the lips.

Collage:
"Camera Man"
For camera man I scan these objects: a camera with it's neckstrap, an Apple Macbook Pro, and a gel pen.
In photoshop, I made these images into .png files and then transferred them to Adobe Illustrator and placed each of them into a 700 pixel-tall document. The camera and the laptop I just positioned them where I wanted them to be, but the pen I copied several of them together to form a mustache: I had the pen image selected, then hit "return" this brings up a window that allows you to move the image, copied, if you like. I typed in 4 pixels horizontally and 0 pixels vertically with the copy box checked. This would copy the pen and move it just a tad bit to the left. I repeated this aboot twenty times. Then I grouped all of those pens together by hitting Cmd+G and then copied and pasted the group of pens. For that copied group of pens I reflected it horizontally to make the mustache hairs go the other direction. To do that, I went on the Menu bar: Object>Transform>Reflect, and then chose horizontal. Then i positioned that group of mustache hairs where I wanted them on top of the other mustache hairs.
These are the separate scans:






2 comments:

  1. I thought this was so clever! The paper sculptures that look like they are moving and in my head they were playing basketball. I also liked the editing for the lipgloss. I didnt realize it was lipgloss until I read your description. I thought that was pretty neat. You had some really clever ideas, and it shows your talent :) good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some great ideas with your scanography this week! The idea to make paper sculptures and pose them like that was incredible and I almost forgot that they were scans at all. It could almost be a neat (though slow) way to animate something if you're patient enough. The collage of the camera and computer was an interesting idea as well and I think you pulled it off. Also, the lip scan was pretty interesting as well. Great job overall!

    ReplyDelete